[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on children's book without page numbers

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 19:25:48 -0700 (PDT)

Excellent, Shelley. Good points

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

--- On Sat, 8/1/09, Shelley L. Rhodes <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Shelley L. Rhodes <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on children's book without page  numbers
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 6:27 PM

Not to mention blind teachers with sighted students
where we need to ask things like, "What do you think from the picture that the
author means by ...?"  or other things"do you think that the boy is happy
or sad and how can you tell in the picture?"

And yes I had to do that to several students,
smile, is supposed to encourage full observation and drawing conclusions from
both what you read, hear and what you see in pictures.

So Bookshare made it possible for me to do that
particular task in my job.

By the by, I just noticed this in the last couple
of print Braille books from National Braille Press but they are putting in
picture descriptions now.