[bksvol-discuss] Question for sighted volunteers

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:18:30 -0500

I know that it is a common scanning error for the letter I to be recognized as a number 1 and for the letter o to be recognized as the number 0. My question is, visually what is the difference? It is very distracting when reading with speech output. This is an error that that the outsourcers seem to make quite often. Yes, when I notice this, I will make quality reports, but I'm just wondering if these characters are so visually alike that they can't tell, or what is an easy way for sighted volunteers or outsourcers to recognize this common mistake.

Thanks,
-

Melissa Smith