[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question for sighted volunteers

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 13:48:32 -0400

They are visually similar. If they were not the OCR would not confuse them. The O and the 0 look more alike than the I and the 1, but a person with normal eyesight should have no trouble telling the difference at a glance, at least a literate normally sighted person. I suppose if the 0 or O were isolated it might confuse a normally sighted person momentarily, but it should at least be easy to figure it out from context. Note, though, that there are a lot of sighted people who just think they are normally sighted. They might actually need glasses. For people like that who have some untreated visual deficiency it might be harder to tell the difference.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours"
Stephen Roberts

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press: