[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Braille Note

  • From: Cindy <cindyr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:55:46 -0800

Oh, boy. What a shame, your friend's situation. I'm glad she's out of the
abusive situation and that she has parents with whom she can live, but it's a
shame she can't get training to live on her own while living with her parents.
ALthough I don't know how she could afford to live on her own anyway, prices
all over the country being as high as they are. Just as there are places for
battered women to live while getting their lives together, there  ought to be
places for people like your friend. I was reading in the New York Times about
Camp LaGuardia in New York and something  like that would be good--or a group
home, like those for foster children or troubled teens or slightly mentally
retarded--where people like your friend can have support and can help each
other and get preparation for facing the world.

I admire you for you energy and  drive in combining school and a family--along
with volunteering for bookshare and helping your friend. And your husband must
be wonderful, too. Good luck. Are you trying to get your schedule changed or
are the classes you need such that you hve to endure it for this quarter or
semester?

Cindy