[bksvol-discuss] Re: Like Death - Tim Waggoner

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <lisab12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:30:39 -0600

Hi, Jamie.

Hmm, that's strange. I validated that book over the weekend and I didn't see any of the extraneous characters. I use speech only, but I read line by line and have JAWS set to say all punctuation, so I would have noticed karats and things like that.

unfortunately, people validating using speech alone can miss some of the hard paragraph markers if they are at the end of a line and do not use some of the tips Jake provided. However, if a hard paragraph marker is in the middle of the sentence, this would cause my synthesizer to read differently, so I would have noticed at least a few of these. I could tell by the speed and cadence of JAWS that this wasn't the case, plus I was able to navigate by paragraph without having sentences cut off.

I believe I have the original zip file around here, I'll check and see what's going on. I'm kind of surprised, because I've validated probably close to a dozen of the submitter's books and he does an excellent job cleaning up his scans.

Lisa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamie Yates" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>