[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Braille Note

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:35:06 -0800 (PST)

Right Cindy, I think that is what is happening, she is
reading in whatever the book reader is and not in the
word processing program, whatever that is.

Without going into too much detail about her personal
life, she's recently left an abusive husband and is
living with her parents. She can't get into voc rehab
in the homemaker program unless she's already living
on her own. She can't live on her own being deaf and
blind and with a 5 year old son until she learns how
and would have support. She can't get the support
except from her parents until she's in the homemaker
program. It's a horrible catch-22 and I wish I didn't
live 5 hours away.

I'm back in school now so I am still around but my
schedule is all screwed up right now. I am not used to
driving an hour each way to class and I'm not used to
having evening classes and getting home late when my
husband gets up at 4 a.m. I went back to bed after
everybody left this morning and got up at 11 and I
feel horribly lazy doing that since I normally get up
early too but I can't get up early and stay up late
for school. I will be glad when I figure out a good
schedule that works with everybody else's schedule.

Jamie in Michigan