[bksvol-discuss] Re: New volunteer first validation

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:03:41 -0700

I don't know if I remember enough to help her with WordPerfect, but one of the
things I liked about the 5.1 version of the program was the search and replace
function: You didn't need to know something like caret p to find a hard return,
you just hit the enter key; you didn't need to know caret t to search for a tab
character, just hit the tab key, etc.  In other words, a much lower learning
curve for beginners.  Just hit F2, enter anything, then hit F2 again.  Also,
the Confirm Search and Replace is less cumbersome than Word's tab replace.  I
haven't found anything that will let me replace selectively that involves as
few keystrokes in Word as it does in WordPerfect.  Besides, if she can get it
into classic mode, the help feature in 5.1 is extremely easy and friendly to
use.

Kellie, I don't know why you didn't like that program.  I recommend a rigorous
psychotherapeutic regimen. <lol>