[bksvol-discuss] Re: New volunteer first validation

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:37:27 -0500

Jane,

Bookshare prefers that you let someone else validate your submissions,
especially when you are new to volunteering.  It's even likely that the
staff will kick a book back to be validated by someone else if you validate
your own submission.  This happened to someone on the list recently.

Please go ahead and clean the book up before submitting it, though.  You'll
find that the more work you do on the book prior to submitting it, the
quicker that someone will validate it for you since you didn't leave them
much to do.  Also, some volunteers begin to recognize that a particular
submitter's books are always easy to validate because of all the work they
do prior to submission and will grab their books off the Step 1 list quickly
instead of letting them linger on Step 1 for weeks or months.

HTH

Gerald