[bksvol-discuss] Re: Let's Give Carrie A Hand

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 02:58:01 -0500

Hi, Carrie. No, please don't worry about my idea of clearing the BSO books by Christmas. It's far more important for students to have clean scans of the books they read. I'm thrilled that you're rescanning books that need it and only wish I had a document feeder to pitch in and help you. I'll keep plugging away as long as I see BSO titles on step 1. It's a lofty goal/dream I have. I want to see all books rated fair replaced with nice, clean scans. Yeah, I know it'll take a long time. I believe we can do it over time and with some help from our volunteers. :)

Monica Willyard

Carrie Karnos wrote:
Thanks for your help! I have several of the music books here at home, waiting for me to validate them. They are so messed up, I have to do them myself.

Since Bookshare got that grant to put textbooks into the collection, Claire gave me a list of books on teacher recommended reading lists (elementary through high school) that are rated good in the collection. I picked up 25 of them (half the list) at a used bookstore this weekend. I was intending to scan the books and submit them as BSOs, but I don't want to foul up your scheme of clearing out the BSOs by Christmas. Want me to wait until after Christmas to submit them? I'm hoping that there will be relatively few books on our December and January bestseller lists, so I can validate a lot of them myself.

Carrie

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51732/*http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/>