[bksvol-discuss] Re: Help with steps, and sending instructions

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 02:12:42 -0700

Open the edit menu. click on Find or replace;  either one opens a box;
at the top is a space next to words Find what. put your cursor there;
at the bottom of  at the bottom of the Find and replace box, on the
right-hand side, you'll find a small rectangle with the word special
and small arrows. click on the up arrow and at the top you'll find the
words paragraph mark.  click on that an then you can find all the
paragraph symbols. you'll want to put a space in the replace box.
you're safest to replace each one at a time. after you've done this
for a while, you can, very carefully highlight a section, i.e.,
several lines and do a replace all; but you have to be very careful
not to include the paragraph symbol that's at the end of the
paragraph. I really recommend, if you're reading what you're proofing
sentence by sentence, that you delete the end-of-line paragraph
symbols as you go along, but if you're feeling up to it,  and want to
try the global replace method, go ahead. Just be very careful or
you'll end up with a page-long, document-long single paragraph.
Although Ii know how to do it  and have done it successfully,  I don't
do it when I'm proofreading, i.e., reading the file anyway. I delete
them line by line.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 11:31 PM, Angel Murphy <angel.murphy83@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok Cindy thanks for the help. But now I'm wondering one thing though. Is
> there a faster way to find my paragraphs in MS Word 2007? Pleast me know.
o to