[bksvol-discuss] Re: Help with steps, and sending instructions

  • From: "Sue Stevens" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 17:09:13 -0500

Hi Nimit,

That is how I do it. I am reading through the book anyway, so I just connect those words as I come to them. Word sometimes like to pull a funny on you when you do a global find and replace. One thing it can do is take out all the hyphens, including those that are meant to be hyphenated as compound words.

Sue S.

-----Original Message----- From: Nimit Kaur
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 3:12 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Help with steps, and sending instructions

Hi Angel!  OH.....  I think all that step is saying that if you have a
book where on the last page a word has a hyphen and it finishes on the
confused you.  Well, let's say if you have a word, brilliant.  The
scanner has it like that:
Bril (hyphen) or dash
Page number (12)
Liant )the word continued.)
So, now what you have to do is reconnect that word brillliant all
together.  There is a way to do it by replace all, but I haven't done
it and I just do it manually.  Is that right, everyone?  If I am
wrong, please come to explain.  Thanks and have a good day.

On 3/15/13, Angel Murphy <angel.murphy83@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No they haven't yet. Step 11 says, reconnect words across page breaks
I have to do a hyphen carete and a lowercase letter p. And then it says
correct each instance you find.
What do I need to do after that?

Angel Murphy
Sent from my iPod

On Mar 15, 2013, at 3:38 PM, "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Angel,
 I'm sorry I've been away from my desk for the day.  Did someone help you
with combining words over 2 pages?  If not, let me know!
Marty

-----Original Message----- From: Angel Murphy
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:12 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes I am referring to the proofing file. And I think it was from mardy

Angel Murphy
Sent from my iPod

On Mar 14, 2013, at 9:25 PM, "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Angel;
Are you referring to the proofing file that was sent to you? And if so,
which file are you using--the one from me or the one from Marty, maybe,
think?
Netta

line.

“JUST BECAUSE A MAN LACKS THE USE OF HIS EYES DOESN’T MEAN HE LACKS
VISION!!" By STEVIE WONDER

"Just BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEE DOESN't MEAN YOU CAN'T HEAR AND THINK!!"
By STEVIE WONDER

NIMIT KAUR

kaur.nimit@xxxxxxxxx
kaur.nimit@xxxxxxxxxxx