[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: clearing out line breaks

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:54:07 -0800 (PST)

I echo Dave's advice. Before doing a global replace of
anything, think of possible consequences. When doing
one book I replaced something -- can't remember what
it was now - but I then had to make a list of all the
possible words that had that letter or apostophe in it
and go back and do a find to fix the words that had to
be changed.  This also happened when I was deleteing
what I thought was an upright slash and turned out to
be the letter el in the font in whch the book was.
I've learned to be *very* careful now.

I have noticed, though, that if I'm in the middle and
do a Replace All, it will go to the end of the book
and then ask if it should start at the beginning. If I
remember to say No, then as I continue validating I'll
come across any mistaken changes I made, but I won't
have to worry about that part of the book I've already
validated.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com