[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: clearing out line breaks

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:09:05 -0800

Hi. I'm sure this is terribly obvious, but you didn't mention it. You know that Word has an undo, right? If the book is totally screwed up, just undo and start over. I think K1000 has this also. I'm not sure how far back the Word undo goes but you can always save the book before doing anything major. This should be very obvious so I'm surprised that I have to point it out.

At 06:54 PM 3/14/2005 -0800, you wrote:

I echo Dave's advice. Before doing a global replace of
anything, think of possible consequences. When doing
one book I replaced something -- can't remember what
it was now - but I then had to make a list of all the
possible words that had that letter or apostophe in it
and go back and do a find to fix the words that had to
be changed.  This also happened when I was deleteing
what I thought was an upright slash and turned out to
be the letter el in the font in whch the book was.