[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: clearing out line breaks

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:12:58 -0800

Hi list. I'll just add that to do a similar thing with Word, or at least Word 2000, search for ^l to find the line breaks. One really easy way to fix split words is to go into the find and replace dialogue with Alt, E, E. Search for the following in the find edit box:

-^l

Replace with nothing. Instantly your split words are gone. This also takes out the line break, so you might have lines with only one or two words on them. I don't have a good way to solve that. Also make sure you do a spell check because some compound words that should be hyphenated will need to have the dash put back in, like "twentyone" instead of "twenty-one."