[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: clearing out line breaks

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:35:32 -0600

Hi Gerald,
Thanks for the more advanced and clearer description of the vagaries of
Word's find/replace. I didn't know what the white space thing was when I saw
it in the list of special characters. Oh, I knew what white space was in
terms of how artists talk about it, but I didn't know what exactly MSWord
meant by it. And your description of how to tackle some of these sticky
find/replace situations was more lucid than mine. Normally I like to do my
editing in Kurzweil, but I must grudgingly admit that Word's find/replace is
a bit more sophisticated and a fair bit faster than Kurzweil's. But I'm not
complaining--Kurzweil isn't meant to be a word processor