[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fiction By Best Selling Author & See Long Synopsis

  • From: "Louise" <lougou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:52:34 -0500

If we're going to quibble about synopsis, why not go through so many of the
books that were submitted in the past that contained the word "none" for the
short synopsis and nothing for the long synopsis and write synopses for such
books?

I have a folder containing more than three hundred books that I've scanned
in the past year that Bookshare doesn't have, but have not yet submitted yet
and if a synopsis is going to be a major issue, I just might keep them for
my own reading pleasure and not submit them at all.  I have scanned some
books that have no description on the book jacket.  Maybe a few volunteers
should volunteer to be synopsis writers?  I myself know I'm no good at
writing my own synopsis.  I'd like to see some input from the Bookshare
staff on this matter and then put it to rest once and for all.       Louise