[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fiction By Best Selling Author & See Long Synopsis

  • From: "Edwards, Paul" <pedwards@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:28:58 -0400

Two issues. First, would we be better served with a single, slightly longer
synopsis that would obviate the need for doing two.

Second, with many of the books I submitted, I wrote a short and long synopsis
and only ever saw the short one see the light of day once the book made it into
the system.

I think that there is some merit in doing what Allison has done in the
newsletters and simply quoting Amazon where available.  That is certainly a
safe course.  I cannot speak for other folks on this list but I know that I
often scan but do not read so that my synopses are really nothing more than
capitulations of what I have gleaned from the book cover or elsewhere.

Paul

Paul Edwards, Director
Access Services, North Campus
Phone: (305) 237-1146