[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fiction By Best Selling Author & See Long Synopsis

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:11:03 -0500

Guido my friend,
You're ranting. <grin> I agree with you in principle, but it doesn't make
sense to reject a book for lack of a synopsis. Coming up with a coherent
short synopsis that is sufficiently short isn't always easy and can take
some time. One thing that would really help would be if the web site were
fixed to only allow 250 characters in that edit field. That way the book
wouldn't have to be uploaded several times because of the stupid error about
the synopsis being too long. I can imagine trying to write one three times
and finally giving up in disgust. I've certainly had to write them three
times before. I know I could use Word's wordcount feature, but that's such a
production...
Kellie