[bksvol-discuss] Awesome - 151,663 Titles on Bookshare

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:40:14 -0500

I just looked at the new version of Bookshare's entry page on the website (http://www.bookshare.org). I love the new feature on the right hand side of the page that's a counter of how many books are in the collection. As of today, there are 151,663 titles. That is totally awesome.

As a sighted but disabled member, I'm also grateful for and thrilled by the number of publisher quality books that have entered the collection in the last 18 months with the original illustrations intact. I haven't read a book where I can look at the illustrations for over 20 years. Way to go, Bookshare! I'm psyched about the POET project to get illustrations described. It gives me hope that eventually everyone can have access to both illustrations and good descriptions of the illustrations in the future.

Judy s.