[bksvol-discuss] Re: AT&T Natural Voices

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:40:30 -0500

Hi Pratik,

I don't know if this was an omen or what, but when I initially tried to respond to this message my e-mail program locked up my system tighter than a drum.
I was going to say that I've also experienced more than the average crashes with Openbook, but all were associated with the ViaVoice speech. I've also had trouble with ViaVoice in other apps as well, which is why I've been trying to come up with an alternative for it in Openbook.
As for K1K, I would be more than happy to trade my Openbook for a copy, but I'm afraid I wouldn't get any takers. For now though, as I seem to have the H&L tts working, I'll try that for a bit until I convince myself to get Natural Voices.

Dave

At 11:31 PM 2/20/2005, you wrote:
Dave,

I've tried these procedures several times before.  Unfortunately the only
thing I've managed to do so far is to crash the program. Each time  I've
tried. There are quite a few bugs in OB and I don't find it as stable as
K1K.

Pratik

Pratik Patel Interim Director Office of Special Services Queens College Director CUNY Assistive Technology Services The City University of New York ppatel@xxxxxx