[bksvol-discuss] Re: AT&T Natural Voices

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:43:31 -0500

I don't think you can use them with Open book. as OB doesn't allow you to
change synths, at least I haven't been able to find.

When I first installed them, they did slow things down a bit, but after
doing a defrag and a scandisk, things got back to normal.

I do notice that if I am scanning in grayscale and 400 dpi and using the
Naturals, that sometimes them entire voice part of Kurzweil won't work.
This happens rarely but is annoying which is why I use the Naturals for
reading after the scan is done.

I have played with Text aloud, I think it is called from www.nextup.com

and it works well.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx