[bksvol-discuss] ATT Natural Voices

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:43:30 -0500

It is a different kind of speech, and you have to accept that.

Elliquence is good, but for reading books I prefer my readers to be more
"human".  The difference between the ATT naturals and Eliquence, is
Eliquence is synthesized, and ATT Naturals are spoken recordings that are
put together in a database.

Personally each is good, and they sure as heck beat the Echo, that I used
with my Apple IGS II, which I played with when I was younger growing up.

I Prefer the guys voices on the ATT naturals, I prefer Ray over the other
man, mike is annoying. And I vary rarely if never use Mel.  I also have Rich
and find him useful for some things.

I use Crystal and Clare to do the system voices.

Again it is each is to their own.

And I prefer male voices in general, using Reed in Eliquence, and Paul from
Neospeech, and the guy who reads for Keysoft gold.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com