[bksvol-discuss] Re: AT&T Natural Voices

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:26:12 -0500

Hi Shelley,

Once you get Openbook setup so that it recognizes your additional synthesizers, you can switch from within the program. The pain is getting it setup initially. It clearly isn't an elegant way of setting things up, but I suppose it is better than nothing if you have the patience to deal with it. One thing Openbook does that is both a curse, and a saving grace, is that if you try to set it up with a SAPI engine that isn't recognized, it will always default back to ViaVoice so you don't loose speech entirely.

Dave
At 10:47 PM 2/20/2005, you wrote:
Ah, good information.  I guess that is a one up for Kurzweil as we can
change on the fly so to speak, smile.

Good for them for providing a way though.

Shelley L. Rhodes and Judson, guiding golden juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc. Graduate Advisory Council www.guidedogs.com