[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Technical Question

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garypet130@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 03:37:10 -0500

Bet those were Ace Doubles.

----- Original Message -----
From: Judy s.
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 2:54 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: A Technical Question

I don't even want to think about how that would have to get handled -- LOL --
yes, old and quirky books and reprints have very odd things.

I can't remember which publisher used to do it, in the 1960s or 1970s I
think, but they published a series of paperback science fiction novels that
each contained two complete books. They printed them as if you had taken two
books, rotated one 180 degrees and put it back-to-back with the other book, and
then glued them together (figuratively speaking). That's the weirdest I've run
into! When you reached the end point of one novel, you had to turn the book
over, and rotate it 180 degrees and start at the 'new' front cover to read the
other novel.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese

On 11/12/2015 1:30 AM, Valerie Maples wrote:

I did once, and only once, but it was pre-Bookshare volunteering or very
early on and I remember being stunned. If it was early, it was either a
reprinted Nancy Drew double book or a 4 pack from within a Robin Guinn series
we considered doing when we were having a tough time getting one of the books
in the series. Usually an omnibus has a single unique number.

When you work in old and quirky books and reprints, you find very odd
things. LOL

Valerie

On Nov 11, 2015, at 11:04 PM, Judy s. <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Valerie, have you ever seen a volume/omnibus book that contained multiple
isbns for separate books within it? That's a new one on me. I haven't seen it
done that way. Given that I've only ever seen a miniscule fraction of all the
ways publishers put out books, it wouldn't surprise me, though.