[badgerstatevolunteers] Re: Water Purification

  • From: Shawn Wilkerson <tatz1977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:18:46 -0700 (PDT)

but before boilin ... charco and sand its easy and cheap.....

From: lomax <chac2ook@xxxxxxxxx>
To: badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 5:49 PM

Wow, sounds good....this is the one tool that I recomend to not be cheap
on.....water is life!!!!

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Joe < virtualadonis@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

This is a lot of money but check out everything it does. 13,000 gal, 97% of all
radio activity wow. How confident would you be on a SHTF hike out? The
replacement cartridge is high too but if one had the money it would be nice to
have. For $500 one could have safe water for what 2 or 3 years. I will get this
in the future.
http://www.interamer.net/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=453

For now I have my eye on the Katadyn Combi Microfilter. Again a little pricey
$180 but I get the field cleanable ceramic .2 micron filter that last 13,000
gal w/replacement cost $180 and the optional activated carbon filter for
chemicals w/ replacement cartridge only $30. I think chemicals are a real
problem in most populated areas, and certainly will be after the SHTF hike out.

What do you all think?

SPIKE

--

freeman lomax