[badgerstatevolunteers] Re: Water Purification

  • From: Nathan C Golding <goldingn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:54:48 -0500 (CDT)

What no fancy gadegets or things that are dangerous were is the fun in that.  I
guess we coulg go low tech and take the fire option.  lol

From: lomax <chac2ook@xxxxxxxxx>
To: badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 5:49 PM

Wow, sounds good....this is the one tool that I recomend to not be cheap
on.....water is life!!!!

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Joe < virtualadonis@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

This is a lot of money but check out everything it does. 13,000 gal, 97% of all
radio activity wow. How confident would you be on a SHTF hike out? The
replacement cartridge is high too but if one had the money it would be nice to
have. For $500 one could have safe water for what 2 or 3 years. I will get this
in the future.
For now I have my eye on the Katadyn Combi Microfilter. Again a little pricey
$180 but I get the field cleanable ceramic .2 micron filter that last 13,000
gal w/replacement cost $180 and the optional activated carbon filter for
chemicals w/ replacement cartridge only $30. I think chemicals are a real
problem in most populated areas, and certainly will be after the SHTF hike out.
What do you all think?

freeman lomax