[badgerstatevolunteers] Re: Water Purification

  • From: kevin Joyner <joynerkev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:57:10 -0500

In the process of using the bottles/sun for purification, it almost has to
be plastic.  Reason being is that glass bottles are thicker than plastic
bottles, which further reduces the dose of UVA to the water inside glass
bottles versus plastic bottles.
I found it odd when I learned this myself because I assumed that the glass
would magnify the suns effects but that isn't the case.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Shawn Wilkerson <tatz1977@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> more info the better you'll be . I know what you mean Im on my 6th
> survival book so far . I've done  and use half the stuff I've read to see
> want would work best for myself.

Kevin J