[badgerstatevolunteers] Water Purification

  • From: "Joe" <virtualadonis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Badger State Volunteers" <badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:29:59 -0500

This is a lot of money but check out everything it does. 13,000 gal, 97% of all
radio activity wow. How confident would you be on a SHTF hike out? The
replacement cartridge is high too but if one had the money it would be nice to
have. For $500 one could have safe water for what 2 or 3 years. I will get this
in the future.

For now I have my eye on the Katadyn Combi Microfilter. Again a little pricey
$180 but I get the field cleanable ceramic .2 micron filter that last 13,000
gal w/replacement cost $180 and the optional activated carbon filter for
chemicals w/ replacement cartridge only $30. I think chemicals are a real
problem in most populated areas, and certainly will be after the SHTF hike out.

What do you all think?