[badgerstatevolunteers] Re: Water Purification

  • From: Shawn Wilkerson <tatz1977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:37:46 -0700 (PDT)

when tables r gone and the filter are done . You've got sun and fire ... I
myself cant afford filter and i only have one bottle of tables . So I'll be
cole and sand with fire to finish inconvenients or not ..
From: lomax <chac2ook@xxxxxxxxx>
To: badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 7:01 PM

Boiling water doesn't "purify" everything, and somewhat time consuming and real
hard to do from a canoe, but works fine in a lot of situations.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Nathan C Golding <goldingn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What no fancy gadegets or things that are dangerous were is the fun in that.  I
guess we coulg go low tech and take the fire option.  lol

From: lomax <chac2ook@xxxxxxxxx>
To: badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 5:49 PM

Wow, sounds good....this is the one tool that I recomend to not be cheap
on.....water is life!!!!

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Joe < virtualadonis@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

This is a lot of money but check out everything it does. 13,000 gal, 97% of all
radio activity wow. How confident would you be on a SHTF hike out? The
replacement cartridge is high too but if one had the money it would be nice to
have. For $500 one could have safe water for what 2 or 3 years. I will get this
in the future.
For now I have my eye on the Katadyn Combi Microfilter. Again a little pricey
$180 but I get the field cleanable ceramic .2 micron filter that last 13,000
gal w/replacement cost $180 and the optional activated carbon filter for
chemicals w/ replacement cartridge only $30. I think chemicals are a real
problem in most populated areas, and certainly will be after the SHTF hike out.
What do you all think?

freeman lomax

freeman lomax

Kevin J
“Far Better it is to Dare Mighty Things than to take rank with those poor,
timid spirits Who know Neither Victory nor Defeat.”
Theodore Roosevelt

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat,
nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a
sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I
am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep
with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep
and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let
them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure
is not my destiny.

freeman lomax