[AZ-Observing] Re: Yahoo Group

  • From: "Chris Hanrahan" <chris.hanrahan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 20:03:09 -0700

An astronomy club I maintain my membership with (back in IL) does not have a
mail-list/freelist so they utilize a Yahoo group.  I set it up to fwd posts
to my Outlook which saves me from logging in to Yahoo to check postings.
It works great for sharing all sorts of data (not just images).  As Dick is
willing to drive this bus, let's roll it out and see where it goes.  Worst
thing that can happen is that it doesn't serve the purpose as well as
initially thought and it is abandoned.  Best case - we get yet another great
chance to share info/data/etc and learn something new from this great
amateur community.
Chris Hanrahan