[AZ-Observing] Re: Yahoo Group

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:09:24 -0700

Tom,
What you say *may* be true that Richard may not have been proposing
replacing Az-Observing with a yahoo group, but it was announced in
Az-Observing and this is the way I interpreted it, and the way others
appear to have interpreted it. In fact, someone made a comment something
to the effect of making the move from Az-Observing to the yahoo group. I
don't remember the exact language and I am not going to go back and try
to find it. Also, it seems others have been comparing the advantages of
Az-Observing to a yahoo group. These comments did not take place in
SAC-forum but in Az-Observing.

You are correct. This discussion shouldn't be taking place in
Az-Observing at all, if it is just for SAC members, but it was announced
in Az-Observing. If the intent was never to augment or replace
Az-Observing then it should not have been in Az-Observing because it can
cause misunderstandings.
Stan
p.s., I'm out of this discussion. It is now going overboard. The purpose
of my previous post was to say "It is of no concern to me if a yahoo
group is created and I am not critical of it if it is done. It is your
business" but it seems to be being misinterpreted.