[AZ-Observing] Re: Yahoo Group

  • From: Richard Harshaw <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:40:21 -0700

Tom has it right. I only included the AZ-observing list in case anyone there
wanted to chime in or even participate.
Richard Harshaw, from my htc Evo
On Mar 30, 2011 11:47 AM, "Tom Polakis" <tpolakis@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> ---- Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I probably said more than I should have on the subject since a yahoo
>> group to replace Az-Observing is really between SAC members.
>

> The "AZ" in AZ-Observing stands for Arizona, not Saguaro Astronomy Club.
It was never intended to be a SAC discussion list. That's why SAC-forum
exists. In fact, this discussion of a SAC forum shouldn't be taking place on
AZ-Observing at all, and yet here I am perpetuating it.

> For the record, Dick only wanted to augment SAC's discussion capabilities
with a Yahoo group. I don't think he ever had any intention of replacing
AZ-Observing, which has served its purpose very well for many years.