[AZ-Observing] Goto Scopes for Marathons

  • From: "Mozdzen, Tom J" <tom.j.mozdzen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:08:11 -0800

Flame me if you wish, but I don't think GOTO scopes should qualify for
Marathons. What is the challenge? Typing in the object numbers in the
order AJ provides? Mixing up the sequence in case there are variable
clouds?

If you must give out awards, the categories should be split between:
1. Viewing the objects.
2. Finding and viewing the objects.

When we get wireless internet connections with our laptops, will we get
credit for looking at photos of objects hidden by clouds?

I strongly feel that the two awards are in two distinctly different
categories that should not be mixed.

Tom