[AZ-Observing] Re: Deep Impact

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:16:43 -0700

Thanks for your reply Frank.

How did it look to you? Was it very faint, faint, easy, bright?

 From a recent LX200 list posting

*****************
I dropped in my 32mm Wide Angle Meade, and along with the chart
on the Sky & Telescope website, and current Ephemerides off the
Harvard Comet website, I found a very small fuzzball, that I thought
might be a faint galaxy, at first.  It was located very close to the
chart, and the RA & DEC readout on the Autostar, placed it very
close to the Harvard Websites location.

I then dropped in my StellaCam II, with the 3.3 focal reducer - -
and - - there she be !!!!!!!  Definitely no galaxy.
It had a very define nucleus.  Short and fuzzy tail.  I tried to
hook up my Sony handheld Super 8 Camcorder, (1995 model, OLD, but
still works) to the back of my 12" monitor, and I couldn't get
it recorded.  Have to figure some other way to video it.
Any suggestions?
Mike Lanska
Beautiful Simi Valley, California

Jeff