[AZ-Observing] Re: Deep Impact

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:25:44 -0800

Jeff,
I just got back from observing Comet Tempel. Once I set my setting
circles off Spica it landed right in the middle of the field of view. It
was faint with a slightly condensed nucleus. I used my highest mm
eyepiece, 55mm, which gives a magnification of 87. Comet Tempel will be
well placed for observing up here. At the time of impact it will be to
the southwest (as it is now), right in between the light domes of
Phoenix and Prescott in the darkest part of the sky.
Stan