[AZ-Observing] Saturn, Venus, Mercury from SW of Phoenix

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 22:14:04

Took a little drive to Santa Cruz Road, south of Komatke on the reservation
to watch the planets in twilight.  The Estrella Mountains are in the
foreground in these three images.  As usual, I overestimated the angular
height of a mountain, and we had to drive right up to the range (rather
than back on Maricopa Road) before they occupied enough space in the
camera's frame.

http://www.pbase.com/polakis/conj20050624

Castor and Pollux are to the right in the third image.

Tom