[audacity4blind] Re: Amplification versus Gain

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 19:05:01 +0100 (BST)

Hi Rich,
just in case you do decide to use the track gain sometime, just a couple more
points:
1. For things like the gain dialog and the pan dialog which you can only open
for a single track at a time, the keystroke to open the dialog opens the dialog
for the focussed track - it doesn't matter whether or not it's selected.
2. Unlike applying the amplify effect, you can change the gain of a track
during playback.