[argyllcms] Re: dispcalGUI 0.2b

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 16:48:37 +0100

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:
>>
>> On other system with gnome in my locale and Desktop named Skrivebord,
>> dispcalgui creates a new empty  ~/Desktop folder, and put the file
>> dispcalgGUI.desktop there. It means it doesn't work. The menu entries
>> are however still correct.
>
> Ok, I hoped that would not happen - seems like using xdg is not an option,
> then. Maybe I'll just leave the desktop shortcut out of the Linux installer
> for now.
> Can you check if you have the relevant xdg files /etc/xdg/user-dirs.conf and
> ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs on your system, and when that is the case if xdg is
> enabled (should be a line enabled=True in user-dirs.conf)?

Let me se:

$ cat  /etc/xdg/user-dirs.conf
# This controls the behaviour of xdg-user-dirs-update which is run on user login
# You can also have per-user config in ~/.config/user-dirs.conf, or specify
# the XDG_CONFIG_HOME and/or XDG_CONFIG_DIRS to override this
#

enabled=True

# This sets the filename encoding to use. You can specify an explicit
# encoding, or "locale" which means the encoding of the users locale
# will be used
filename_encoding=UTF-8

$ cat  /etc/xdg/user-dirs.defaults
# Default settings for user directories
#
# The values are relative pathnames from the home directory and
# will be translated on a per-path-element basis into the users locale
DESKTOP=Desktop
DOWNLOAD=Desktop
TEMPLATES=Templates
PUBLICSHARE=Public
DOCUMENTS=Documents
MUSIC=Music
PICTURES=Pictures
VIDEOS=Videos
# Another alternative is:
#MUSIC=Documents/Music
#PICTURES=Documents/Pictures
#VIDEOS=Documents/Videos

$ cat /home/ltg/.config/user-dirs.dirs
# This file is written by xdg-user-dirs-update
# If you want to change or add directories, just edit the line you're
# interested in. All local changes will be retained on the next run
# Format is XDG_xxx_DIR="$HOME/yyy", where yyy is a shell-escaped
# homedir-relative path, or XDG_xxx_DIR="/yyy", where /yyy is an
# absolute path. No other format is supported.
#
XDG_DESKTOP_DIR="$HOME/Skrivebord"
XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/Skrivebord"
XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR="$HOME/Maler"