[argyllcms] Re: dispcalGUI 0.2b

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:23:54 +0100

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Florian Höch
<lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Actually, the autostart that dispcalGUI creates for Gnome is written to
> ~/.gnome2/session-manual (as outlined here:
> http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Autostart_Programs),
> which starts the shell script. Auto-migration to the ~/.config/autostart/
> .desktop file seems to happen in recent Gnome versions (I can verify it does
> for me, it creates a "Unnamed" desktop file there). The "pure" desktop file
> approach is more maintainable, so I'll look at implementing that (do you or
> maybe someone know with which version the ~/.config/autostart folder was
> introduced, and if it works for kde also?)

The automigration part don't work on my ubuntu desktop. And the entry
in  ~/.gnome2/session-manual are not executed either.
I searched on net and it looks like all the main window managers for
linux, kde, gnome, xfce, all can read a .desktop entry in
~/.config/autostart. So they are at least agree on something.

>> For gnome there could also be a check to see if gnome-screensaver
>> (gnome-screensaver --version) is newer than 0.25. If it's older it is
>> required with a stop of gnome-screensaver, then load the gamma table,
>> and then start gnome-screensaver again.
>
> Ah, I just re-read your thread from four months back. I have
> gnome-screensaver 2.22.2, and never had the problem though. Just to verify,
> is this the correct way to overcome the bug:
>
> gnome-screensaver-command --exit
> dispwin -c -L
> gnome-screensaver

The above syntax is right.

But I am surprised that you don't have seen the problem. Try the following:

gnome-screensaver-command --exit
dispwin -c
gnome-screensaver
dispwin -L monitor.icc
dispwin -L -V monitor.icc
gnome-screensaver-command -a
dispwin -L -V monitor.icc

>> A choice for install with oyranso will of course also be very welcome.
>
> Yes, I will certainly look at that.

That's fine.

Lars Tore Gustavsen