[argyllcms] Re: dispcalGUI 0.2b

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <ltgustavsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:46:41 +0100

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 8:27 PM, Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:
>>

>> But I am surprised that you don't have seen the problem. Try the
>> following:
>>
>> gnome-screensaver-command --exit
>> dispwin -c
>> gnome-screensaver
>> dispwin -L monitor.icc
>
> (Just nitpicking, but shouldn't that be either dispwin -L or dispwin
> monitor.icc? I used the former)

Sorry, just some leftover knowledge from beta8 :-). From the manual that time:
 -L                   [X11 only] Load X11 ICC_PROFILE property profile into LUT
but I think this is obsolete now.

>> dispwin -L -V monitor.icc
>> gnome-screensaver-command -a
>> dispwin -L -V monitor.icc
>
> Strange. Now I see it. But if I restart my system and let the screensaver
> come on, then end it, it doesn't exhibit the problem - it would be very
> visible, because the old crt I have hooked up to my linux box has a strong
> yellowish cast when uncalibrated, which actually comes in handy sometimes
> ;).

My wild guess is that your screensaver are delayed in it's upstart,
and your dispwin command are executed before gnome-screensaver are
started.
Anyway, maybe you should don't care about the screensaver problem at
all and  let the linux distributions fix the problem?

Merry christmas
Lars Tore Gustavsen