[argyllcms] Re: dispcalGUI 0.2b

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 18:43:22 +0100

Frédéric wrote:
Hiding the underlying utilities and the shell window is on my list, but
I have yet to find a way to interact with the commandline tools like
dispcal programmatically (and cross-platform).

subprocess module should do this:

    http://docs.python.org/library/subprocess.html#module-subprocess

Unfortunately only part of what I need, because it cannot send keyboard input to dispcal. So something like pexpect might be worth a try. But its not available for Windows afaik, which makes me wonder if I maybe should try and write some wrappers for the C functions in dispcal directly (but, being no C programmer, I don't know how hard that would be).

Regards,

Florian Höch