[argyllcms] Re: dispcalGUI 0.2b

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 22:37:39 +0100

Thanks for verifying. Could you try running my patched xdg-desktop-icon-test like below and send me the output (maybe in private to dispcalGUI [at] hoech [dot] net so we don't clutter the list too much)? I really hope to figure this out :)

xdg-desktop-icon-test install --novendor ~/Desktop/dispcalGUI.desktop

(Here the link http://hoech.net/files/xdg-desktop-icon-test.zip)

Regards,

Florian Höch

Lars Tore Gustavsen schrieb:
On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hmm, I see no reason why the creation of the desktop shortcut would fail.
Are you sure there's no shortcut created in ~/Skrivebord?
Btw, ~/Desktop will be created if kde-config tells xdg-desktop-icon to do
so. So maybe you have kde-config installed, but not configured? But then, it
should still create the additional shortcut in the localized directory.

Regards,

Florian Höch

I have to confess I have now idea about this things, and I normally
start program from an xterm. But I'm absolutely sure I have now
shortcut in my ~/Skrivebord.

ltg@ltg-laptop:~$locate dispcalGUI.desktop
/home/ltg/.gnome/apps/dispcalGUI.desktop
/home/ltg/.kde/share/applnk/dispcalGUI.desktop
/home/ltg/.local/share/applications/dispcalGUI.desktop
/home/ltg/Desktop/dispcalGUI.desktop
ltg@ltg-laptop:~$ kde-config
Programmet 'kde-config' er ikke installert  Du kan installere det ved å skrive:
sudo apt-get install kdelibs4c2a
bash: kde-config: command not found
ltg@ltg-laptop:~$

Regards