[argyllcms] Re: bin/average: averaging and possible outlier elimination for three or more .ti3 sets?

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 13:44:32 +0200

Hi Alastair,

Alastair M. Robinson wrote:
What I was planning, but never got around to, was to either extend average or create a new analogous utility with the ability to take three or more files, and find the median, rather than the mean average.

any hints how to calculate the median for multidimensional (tristimulus or spectral) data? I've been looking for an algorithm that doesn't tear apart the measurement dimensions, but my efforts were unsuccessful.

Klaus