[argyllcms] Re: bin/average: averaging and possible outlier elimination for three or more .ti3 sets?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 23:07:34 +1000

Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:
I've noticed many times that chartread with i1Pro may misread patches when
there are
non-contrast or too narrow spacers between patches. It likely may took a place
in the
case when there was no right preliminary profile for *.ti2 data and printtarg
places
patches unoptimal way. Another reason to misread may be a blank paper strip
between
patches and sheet edge if the edge is crossed by instrument while reading. In
such case
the strip cut off straight on patch column edge may help.

When you say "misread", do you mean misread without noticing the problem, or
do you mean there is a reported misread ?

I haven't seen any examples of non-reported misreads, with the exception of
the direction detection problem I mentioned before. I'd be interested in
hearing about any other reproducible examples of non-reported misread problems.