[argyllcms] Re: Kick-start with collink

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 14:36:35 -0700

On Jul 16, 2014, at 2:22 PM, <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With the third image, which is converted to an Epson Enhanced Matte paper (I
> tried both an Argyll-generated profile and a profile generated by my HPZ3100
> printer), the Photoshop conversion is better.

As Graeme indicated elsewhere in this thread, you might try filtering out gamut
extremes, especially if it's just for some small spikes that are hopeless
anyway. I haven't had to play around with that, but it sounds like the problem
you're experiencing.

Graeme, might there be some way to add an option or some other tweak to
automatically ignore outliers beyond a certain standard deviation, or the like?
Manually figuring out what parts of the gamut to ignore can be a challenge, and
I rather suspect that some sort of programmatic smoothing is going to do a
better job than most of us humans would anyway.

b&