[argyllcms] Re: Custom Illuminant

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 09:44:10 +1000

robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I've tried it with tif files and I see the same problem.  All the files are
> here: http://www.irelandupclose.com/customer/argyll/mygamtest.zip

Hmm. - actually it looks like that bug is only in the
beta test code, not V1.6.3.

So, the gamut's I get using V1.6.3 or the .tif files are quite small, and
your .wrl shows that, so I'm not sure what you mean.

It's quite possible for colors to not look very saturated, yet be
out of gamut. Some of the image colors are very dark and saturated, so
it's not very surprising that the printer gamut doesn't encompass them.