[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating problems in darks areas

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:44:28 +0100

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
I'm wondering, whether it is an option in this case to turn the
britghtness as much down, so that the even the channel with the
brightest black level stops emitting light, and to let the calibration
curves apply (possibly different, and positive) black offsets for each
channel in order to achieve a proper black level and chromaticity?
Graeme, is this supported by dispcal?

I noticed that all 3 curves in the vcgt of Frédéric's profile already have an offset (the one he characterized with "tends to compress
dark areas too much")

Klaus