[argyllcms] Calibrating problems in darks areas

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:38:33 +0100

Hello,

I finally received a brand new i1 instrument, and it seems to work fine.
But I still have a little problem: the resulting profile tends to compress
dark areas too much.

As I said before, my monitor has a green color cast. As soon as I load the
LUT, it is OK. But then, when I use the profile with the color engine (I
tried all softwares supporting color management under Linux!), all value
under 15 turn black. I attached 2 screenshots : one with sRGB as monitor
profile, and one with my generated monitor profile.

I made a first profile with the following params:

$ dispcal -v -y c -d2,1 -m A901HT
$ targen -v -d3 -f500 A901HT
$ dispread -v -y c -d 2,1 -k A901HT.cal A901HT
$ profile -v -A "901HT" -q m -a s -d mt -T p A901HT

and a second with:

$ dispcal -v -y c -d2,1 -m -k 0.0 -q h -K -e A901HT
$ targen -v -d3 -f2000 A901HT
$ dispread -v -y c -d 2,1 -k A901HT.cal A901HT
$profile -v -A "901HT" -q h -a s -d mt -T p A901HT

Things are better with second one (especially in red highlights, to much
saturated with the first), but in both cases, dark areas are compressed
too much.

Any idea?

I also attached the profile made with second params set.

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org