[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating problems in darks areas

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:28:00 +0100

On mercredi 26 décembre 2007, lee scratchy wrote:

> well I've also calibrated a iiyama 19" CRT screen(S910GT) and I get no
> banding in dark areas.

The banding problem I can see is not in dark areas; I should have change
the title... Dark areas problem is sovled, by using a LUT-based profile
instead of a shaper-matrix one.

> it's got a major lack of green and red, only blue was fine.....yet my HD
> movies have never looked so good !
>
> did you really set the display on 6500K, then play around with the
> options 1>4 of dispcal to get the best figures reachable through the OSD
> ?!

Yes, I did.

> Which sensor do you have ? What command line did you use ?

I'm using a Eye-One Display 2. I gave all the informations some days ago:

    http://www.freelists.org/archives/argyllcms/12-2007/msg00141.html

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org