[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating problems in darks areas

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 22:57:41 +0100

On vendredi 28 décembre 2007, lee scratchy wrote:

> yeah it does have RGB levels options, just set the color temperature to
> USER, then you can play with BLUE and RED levels.

Ok, another point I missed: I though these sliders were controling the
gain, not the offset... I used them to set the white point. But them,
black level is totally wrong. But if I use them to control black point,
the white point will be wrong.

How can you set both?

> well did you try my banding test patterns ?

Yes: it is very visible on the green one.

> show me yours that exhibit the problem

I attached the file... I have another photo, but it is not mine, so I can't
attached it. There is a dark blue sky, with nice gradient.

> well yeah D65 has a slightly redish white point, it's the reference

Well, I know, but I think mine is really too redish ;o)

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org